My two favorite guys - how adorable are they!?! Nathan is wearing an outfit from cousin Jonathan; they were both born in the summer so Jonathan's clothes are the perfect season (thanks again Jason & Sherri!) Well, I'm sad to report that Nathan's "happy hair" is officially gone! His hair now lays down nicely on a consistent basis. I didn't realize how much I would miss his crazy hair, but I really do!
This past week I've overheard Daddy singing lullabies to Nathan at night when he puts him down to bed and it is so precious! Kev usually just makes up the words and they're always so cute! Speaking of bedtime, Nathan has taken to sleeping with his arm over his head at night - it looks adorable! Speaking of Daddy's singing, he's in our church Christmas play and we got to go to a sneak preview this past weekend (sidenote - it was wonderful!). Nathan was absolutely enthralled with the play and was such a good little boy the entire 2 hours! His little head was going crazy trying to take in everything - looking all over the stage at all the activity - and anytime someone had a solo, Nathan stopped whatever he was doing and started at the singer during the entire solo. Perhaps we have a theatre major on our hands?
Ok, so now for the reminiscing part. Last Thursday I had an OB appointment and I had to breastfeed Nathan before I left the doctor's office. They told me I could just feed him in the NST room. Now, NST sounded familiar to me and after a few seconds I recalled that it was the Non Stress Test room. You may recall that I spent many hours in this room during my pregnancy just sitting in a big comfy chair listening to Nathan's heartbeat. Well, it was so cool to be back in that room - no longer pregnant but WITH my baby! While I was feeding Nathan I told him how I used to sit in that room listening to his heartbeat, praying for him and wondering if it was a boy or a girl in my belly and what he or she would look like. And now, here I was with my baby in my arms. Thank you God for our little blessing!
I know, I know...Nathan isn't walking so he doesn't really need shoes. But, we've been putting them on him just for added warmth. They drive him crazy because he can't kick them off like he can with his socks.
This past Friday Nathan had his 6 month photo shoot and it went ok. I don't know what it is, this little guy smiles constnatly but once a camera is in front of him he just drops the smile. Stay tuned for a link to the photos sometime over the next few weeks.
Ok, some fun things that Nathan did during week 24...we were over my friend Melissa's and she put him on her son, Jet's, tummy mat - on his back - and he proceeded to flip over and then he scooched backwards a few feet! It was wild to see him moving! It wasn't a crawl per se but he was definitely mobile (just in the wrong direction). Another development was during nap time; he doesn't usually take a binky but we keep one in the corner of his crib just in case. Well, I was holding him and changing his crib sheet before his nap and he was watching me closely. He saw me pick up his binky, place it on the side of the crib while I changed the sheet and then put it back in the corner of his crib - he had his eyes on it the entire time. When I put him in his crib he flipped from his back to his tummy, scooched over to his binky, picked it up, flipped over to his back and put the binky in his mouth! I was shocked! It was just so weird to see him being so independent! Our little guy is just growing up so quickly! Later in the week while he was on his changing table he rolled over to grab his stuffed "Hungry Caterpillar," layed back down and brought the Hungry Caterpillar to his face - eye to eye and looked at him so intently - I just wish I knew what he was thinking.
What an absolute doll! I'll tell you, those fingers are his new best friends!
I love this picture because Nathan is really into grabbing his own feet so I thought it was cute that he decided to grab the bear's feet instead this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment