Friday, May 14, 2010

Our 1st Mother's Day!










Nathan kicked the week off with a new friend - Mr. Octopus, the spout cover.  This was a necessity given his recent tumble out of the tub...he was good and soapy and leaned over to reach for the spout.  Although I had my hands on him the entire time, he toppled out, but, thank God, didn't hit his head or anything - it just scared him A LOT!   As I mentioned last time, Nathan loves to point at everything...



Mr. Smiley (being ever so modest and covering up his privates)...




I recently introduced Nathan to the Baby Einstein videos and I've never seen him sit so still...



He's absolutely enthralled...



Although we don't think it's been warm enough to turn on the air conditioning, we did bring out the fan and as you can see, Nathan is having a ball with it...



He'll stand in front of it and just laugh and scream as his hair gets blown all over the place.  I like this picture because it shows his teeth which are getting so big and making him look so grown up...



What FUN!



On the day of his surgery, May 6th, Nathan gave Mommy an early Mother's Day gift.  I had been working with him on clapping for months and he just didn't seem to be getting it.  Then, at dinner that night, he just started clapping!  I was so proud and excited - who knew it would be such a thrill to see your little boy clap his hands!?!?  Ah, the simple joys of parenthood...



I think he's proud of himself too and he claps constantly now.  Another thing he got the hang of, to Mommy's dismay, is shaking his head NO!  Surprisingly, he does do it at "appropriate" times like when there's something he doesn't want to eat or he doesn't want to go down for a nap or he doesn't want to obey!



Grandma and Grandpa Krestel were over last weekend to help with some projects around the house and Nathan tried Grandpa's ballcap on for size.  Doesn't it look like Nathan is telling Grandpa a story, like he's saying, 'and then...'



One of Nathan's latest things is crawling all around while having an object in each hand so he just kind of glides along the floor...



Our 1st Mother's Day!  I was emotional all week just thinking about what a blessing it is to call myself a Mommy, especially to this sweet little gift from God.  Kevan and I waited many years to become parents and it is a joy and responsibility we don't take lightly.  We thank God daily for this gift and for wisdom in how to raise him in a godly and loving manner...



Giving his bear some, ah, love?!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment