Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 29 - Fun while sitting up!

Well my goodness, you start a girl on "real" food and she just plunges right in!  I had put Norah in her Bumbo seat while I went to do something and when I turned around she had pulled Nathan's shopping cart down and grabbed a box of pretzels to start gnawing on.  Speaking of real food, she still wasn't too hip on the peas we started giving her last week.  We had to hide the peas in her oatmeal in order to get her to eat them at all, but if the ratio wasn't quite right she was on to us instantly and wouldn't eat them at all.  Sometimes after a bite she would just keep her mouth wide open and let it fill with saliva so that everything would just ooze out - little stinker!  But, by the end of the week, she loved her peas...as long as they were mixed with a 1:1 ratio of oatmeal!



She's really doing a great job sitting up on her own and she's even added a new trick to the mix - playing with toys while sitting...




She's still a fan of sucking on her thumb but more often you'll catch her sucking on her fingers in this backwards position...



 Some morning playtime - we just love her "tired eyes" look...



Norah has never been a fan of "tummy time" but this week I figured out that she does much better at it if she's on a solid colored surface like here on our bedroom floor (guess her tummy time mat was too busy for her).  Nonetheless, she would much rather roll over onto her back than work on building her muscles in preparation for crawling.  Here I caught her in mid roll...



But boy, she just loves sitting up like a big girl...



I don't think she's a fan of sharing the chair with the bear anymore - looks like she's trying to toss him off...




No comments:

Post a Comment