Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tiff has a new belly button











Hi everyone!
Sorry for the delayed post but I was busy getting my herniated belly button repaired! As a result of the pregnancy and delivery I ended up with a herniated belly button; essentially, I had a hole in my abdominal muscles the size of a quarter! It was a quick out-patient surgery but the recovery time is apparently 3 months. Yes, that's correct, 3 MONTHS! But, the surgeon said he was able to give me my innie back and that I should be pleased with it. I'm still all bandaged up so I'm not sure what it looks like yet. Our friend Linda babysat Nathan while Kevan was with me at the hospital and this was pretty monumental as it was the first time we left him with anyone other than Grandma and Grandpa Krestel (except for the church nursery). Linda said he did great!
Nathan is doing great and growing like crazy! As you can see, we've resulted to using a binky at nighttime as it helps him get to sleep. He only keeps it in for a few minutes to soothe himself to sleep and then he spits it out (which is a funny site to see him pop it out of his mouth and shoot it across the crib). We still wrap him up like a burrito which he seems to enjoy (and he looks SO cute)!
He still has his crazy hair that sticks up in the back. Every time I give him a bath and brush his hair I think it's going to stay down but sure enough, by the time it dries, it's sticking up again!
Well, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well and we'll talk with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment