Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy 2011!

Nathan just loves running around naked after his bath....




Is that the cutest little butt you've ever seen or what!?!?



Nathan is getting so good at feeding himself but he likes to put a HUGE amount of food on his spoon...



However, he always gets his mouth open wide enough to fit it in...



We had a nice big snow storm around the middle of January and Daddy took Nathan out to play...



Daddy introduced Nathan to the fine art of snow eating...



And although Nathan was quite puzzled at first...



He decided to give it a try for himself and was actually quite a fan...



As was Baxter...



Check this out - the snow was up to Nathan's knees...



Daddy also introduced Nathan to making snow angels...

 

Although Nathan wasn't too interested...



He was all for standing on top of Daddy while he laid in the snow...



Happy 19 month birthday Nathan...



This month, we decided to promote Nathan from his high chair to a booster seat.  We've really enjoyed having him sit at the table with us (by the way, this is his new picture pose; usually, as soon as you pull out the camera, he tilts his head to the side like this)...



We've been bathing Nathan at night before bed but of course we don't like him to go to sleep with a wet head, so he's all about blow drying his hair...



What a face...



Nathan has really taken to playing hide-and-seek.  Do you notice anything behind the coat tree (the sippy cup of milk on the floor was a dead giveaway)...



As usual, I need to share some cute Nathan stories from the month...

In the middle of the month, Nathan gave us quite a scare - he gave us the impression that it was time to start potty training him!  Mommy has been dreading this more than the phase of letting him learn how to feed himself.  For two weeks in a row he would stop in his tracks, say "pee pee" and pat his crotch...and sure enough, afterwards, his diaper was wet. Then, one day, I got him out of his bath and was drying him off and getting ready to dress him while he was on his dressing table.  As I was getting his diaper on, he patted his crotch and said "poo poo."  I knew there wasn't any poo poo because I had just put his diaper on...but sure enough, after getting him dressed and his hair brushed, I checked and there was a poo poo! So, he clearly knows the difference between the two and he also apparently knows when it's coming!  We put him on the potty a few times when he gave us the "pee pee" warning and although he really thought it was fun to sit there, nothing ever came of it - thank God!  Diapers are my friend and I'm in no rush to get rid of them! 


One of my personal all-time favorite Nathan stories...one Sunday we were getting ready to leave for church and Daddy said "I need to get my Bible."  Well, Nathan took off running from the living room and came back with his Jesus Story Book Bible - TOO CUTE!!!!!

Many of you have heard me comment on Nathan's "unibrow" and one day this month when Nathan and I were shopping at Aldi, a little old lady commented that she wished she had his eyebrows because she has to paint hers on...what a hoot!

One last cute story - one day I was walking out of Nathan's room after putting him down for a nap and he waved and said "bye bye!"  What a doll baby he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment