Sunday, February 13, 2011

Spectacular September

Hello everyone!  Well, it sure has been a while since the blog has been updated, hasn't it!?!?  So, let's get right to it!  September was a spectacular month indeed!  Things kicked off with Uncle Steve marrying the now-official Aunt Hanna on September 4th!  It was a beautiful weekend for a wedding!  Daddy was a groomsman, Mommy was a bridesmaid and I was the Ring Bearer (aka Ring Man).  Here I am at the rehearsal...



Given that I had recently started to walk towards the end of July, the plan was for Daddy and me to walk down the aisle together...



Here's a family shot (one of Aunt Hanna's bridesmaids made these super fun shirts for all of us)...



Here I am getting ready for the big day (with the help of Grandma and one of her friends)...



As far as the plan of walking down the aisle with Daddy, well, um, let's just say I got a bit of stage fright when I saw all of the people, so Daddy carried me safely down...



Here's a shot of me, Mommy and Daddy...



And here we are with the happy couple and the Krestel clan...



And here's the whole wedding party - aren't we bright and cheery!?!?



The next day we had a gift opening party at Grandma and Grandpa's and here's another Krestel clan family shot...



Daddy was off work on Labor Day so we spent some time playing at the park...



I haven't quite mastered the sliding board, as you can see...



But I was all about the fountain and got soaking wet, but that didn't stop me, I was still on the move exploring everything at the park...



Here's a random picture...Mommy just loves the diaper look...



In the middle of the month we went to the famous "Brentwood Days" parade...



Here I am on my 15 month birthday.  Mommy has two stories to share from my 15 month birthday.  Apparently when it was time for my nap she said "come on, let's go to your room and read your story before bed" and so I jumped up from the living room, ran down the hall, turned into Mommy and Daddy's room, stopped short, turned around and ran into my room, over to my nightstand, picked up my book and handed it to Mommy.  Although she thought this was pretty cute, apparently I did something later that day that she didn't think was quite so cute.  We were playing in my room and we heard my doggy, Baxter, barking outside so we went to let him in.  When I saw him outside the kitchen door I said "Bayer, Bayer!" which Mommy thought was so cute until she realized that my word order was now Dadda, nanna (aka banana) and Bayer!  She's just wondering when I'll add Mamma to the list. Other events of my 15th month were that I started imitating an elephant by raising my arm above my head and shouting "ehh!" and I started to get teeth #'s 8 and 9 (my bottom right and left molars)...



One of my favorite things to do this month was play with my stacking cups...



But sometimes I looked more like a dealer at Harrah's...



Another one of my favorite things to play with was my Ring Bearer bear that Aunt Hanna and Uncle Steve got me...



He's quite the little cuddler (and when you push his paw he says "I love you!")...



On September 24th I finally had my clogged tear duct in my left eye repaired.  Mommy and Daddy got me up very early in the morning...



But, I was excited to see what kind of adventure they were taking me on...



It wasn't so bad at first because there was a fish (or as I say, "sh") involved...



And I got a fun bracelet to wear...



And I got to hang out in my jammies and wear something funny on my finger...



But then I fell asleep and when I awoke I didn't feel so great and I had this pesty blue tape on my hand (apparently from something called an iv) and I couldn't get my favorite fingers in my mouth - it was quite sad...



But, my eye didn't get gooey or crusty ever again after that day - and the next day I got to go to my friend Sarah's 2nd birthday party and we had a ball playing in her back yard...



In addition to the diaper look, Mommy just loves how I look in my jammies...


In case you were wondering, I'm still Praising The Lord...


 
And sleeping like a champ (but sometimes I find myself in precarious positions)...


 




1 comment:

  1. Great catching up & reading about Nathan and seeing all his pictures. Have missed it! We think of you often.
    Love from Florida,
    Jacki, Tom & Skyler Short

    ReplyDelete