Nathan started off August by getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar (or should I say in the Craisins bag)...
Who? Me? I'm innocent...
Ok, fine, you got me...
We spent a morning with Aunt Carrie, Sarah and Madi. While Madi and Norah were napping, Aunt Carrie took Sarah and Nathan for a spin around the neighborhood. Carrie said Nathan was giggling and really enjoyed his bike ride...
Our very big boy on his 26 month birthday...
We had a very fun visit with my friend Kim who came in from Kansas City for a few days. Nathan has been around Kim quite a few times in his 2+ years of life but during this visit he was really taken with "Bim" as he calls her...
Kim grabbed the camera and got a shot of me and the kiddos having fun in the backyard. Nathan just loves chasing bubbles...
Dancing in his new jammies from Grandma...
So, I've got some very sweet stories to share about Nathan from this month! First of all, I'm very happy to share that he now calls us Mommy and Daddy (most of the time...instead of Momma and Dadda) - we just love to hear him call us that!
Our little Honey Bear has such a sweet, sensitive and caring heart which he shared a lot this month. One evening Mommy had a melt down and when Nathan saw me crying he came over to me and said "Mommy?" and I said, "What honey?" to which he replied ever so sweetly, "Hi!" and then he wrapped his arms around me, pat me on the back and said "Ok, Mommy, ok" which made me start crying even more because I was so overwhelmed by his tenderness. Another day this month we were leaving the house and while I was trying to get the front door locked, the screen door smacked me in the ankle and I said "Ow!" and Nathan ran up on the porch, opened the screen door all the way and held it open while repeating, "Ok, Mommy, ok!" until I got the front door locked. This is now a ritual every time we leave the house! The other morning I dropped something out of the pantry and onto Baxter and I said, "Oh, sorry Baxter" and Nathan came running into the kitchen from the living room and started petting Baxter and saying "Ok, Baxter, ok!"
Some of the funny stories from this month include the time Nathan gave Baxter a Beggin Strip, chased him out of the kitchen and returned with some brown stuff on his lips; I asked him to open his mouth and sure enough, it smelled like Bacon! He's also taken to snacking on Baxter's food (hey, Daddy ate dog biscuits when he was little and I was a big fan of Milk-Bones myself growing up)! Oh, and one day I was in the living room feeding Norah and Nathan was a little too quiet for my taste so I popped Norah off and found Nathan in the kitchen - hanging over Baxter's water dish - with very full cheeks! You got it...when I asked him to spit it out, he had a mouth full of Baxter's nasty, slobber laden water! Yuck!
And too cute...one evening when Norah was crying, Nathan came running up to me with Boppy in hand! Speaking of the Boppy, one day when Nathan wanted to hold Norah I put the Boppy around his waist and nestled Norah in it next to him...and Nathan proceeded to lift his shirt and try to feed Norah. Yes, he's definitely at that age where he likes to mimic what Mommy and Daddy say and do!
Ok, two more stories. One day when I was sorting laundry Nathan came over and started pulling things out of the piles and putting them away (he put he place mat on the dining room table, his jammies in his dresser, etc.). Such a big helper...more so if they had been clean!
And another cute one...Nathan loves to play music on my phone and one day he tried playing music but my phone was connected to my blue tooth which was in on the dining room table. He heard the music but wasn't sure where it was coming from (since it clearly wasn't coming through the phone) so he wandered around the house yelling, "Music...where are you?" This little boy constantly has me in stitches - he is so much fun and SUCH AN ABSOLUTE JOY!!! Thank you Lord for the privilege of raising this little miracle!

Oh my gosh, he is hilarious! I can't get over how the "trouble" he gets into is "organized trouble." It's not like he's running around knocking things over . . . very sweet. And I was saying "Awwww" when you wrote about how he comforts you and Baxer -- what a sweetheart!
ReplyDelete