Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 32 Ultrasound Pictures

You may recall from our week 28 ultrasound that there was some concern regarding Junebug Too's growth and so our doctor wanted to do a repeat ultrasound one month later. Well, on April 27, 2011 we had our follow up ultrasound.  Baby's growth has dropped from the 15th percentile to the 11th percentile so our doctor wants to monitor baby on a weekly basis.  We'll start with another ultrasound next week and then go to non-stress tests every other week with ultrasounds in-between.  Her gut feeling is that I'm just prone to having small babies, but she wants to be cautious in case she's wrong.  She said the 10th percentile is the "red zone" where things can get dicey (as in, there can be talk about taking the baby early) but she's not jumping the gun - just closely monitoring things.  Kevan and I think her gut is right on so we're really not concerned but we welcome the extra ultrasounds and any chance we get to see our little miracle!  We're just continuing to pray that God is knitting this little one together perfectly in my womb, that baby will grow sufficiently so there aren't any concerns, that all organs will develop and function perfectly and that this pregnancy will go full term!  Oh, and to share the stats, baby is weighing in at 3 lbs. 10 oz!


Now for the fun part - below are some pictures of our little Junebug Too.  Baby is head down and gearing up for landing!  Here is a side profile - hopefully you can make out the sweet little forehead, nose and hands...




Another similar shot of the side profile but you can see the kissable little lips a bit clearer here...



And one more.  I may be off, but it looks like you can see baby's left ear in this picture...



After the ultrasound we went up to see our doctor and it appeared that the ultrasound lab didn't run a particular test that my doctor requested so they hooked me up for a non-stress test.  I had Nathan with me and what a surreal feeling because I sat there staring at him in his stroller thinking to myself that the last time I was hooked up for one of these tests, it was his little heartbeat I sat listening to.  Now, here he was, sitting right before me, almost 2 years old and together we were listening to his baby brother or sister's heartbeat.  I just couldn't stop praising God for this sweet moment!  Plus, Nathan always makes it sweeter because when he hears baby's heartbeat he yells out "heartbeat!" with such joy and excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment