Whoa baby! You may be thinking that my belly looks a bit lower than it did last week and you are right! We started out week 35 with a visit to the doctor where Nathan and I got to hear Junebug Too's heartbeat for about 20 minutes during the non-stress test. As always, it was pure music to my ears! As far as Nathan, he was busy looking through books and playing with some toys, but every now and then he would lift his head, point to the machine and say "heartbeat!" After the test we met with the doctor and she said that the test results were excellent, so praise God for that! She then confirmed that baby has dropped - and not only that - Junebug Too is extremely low! She couldn't believe that I haven't had any contractions yet, but thankfully, after the internal exam, she confirmed that my cervix is still completely closed. I have had a lot of pressure though so she told me to really take it easy and try to keep my feet up as much as possible - obviously easier said than done with an almost 2-year old! But, I'm trying to be a good patient since I know the best place for Junebug Too right now is in the womb!
I don't think I've mentioned this in my past few posts, but I've been going to a chiropractor for three weeks now in hopes of getting my pelvis and everything else in-line so that Junebug Too's labor won't last anywhere near big brother Nathan's 30.5 hour labor! I'm praying that this baby will just shoot right out of me - HA! Speaking of the delivery, this week we booked Mamoo's ticket to come out for Junebug Too's birth. If you recall, the due date is June 22nd (same as Nathan's and he was 2 days early) but I have a really strong feeling that this baby is determined to come much earlier. It was a gamble, but we booked her flight to get her in on the 17th and she'll be staying with us until the 27th. We're praying that she arrives before Junebug Too but not too far in advance because we want her to be able to get a good visit in with baby!
We ended week 35 with another ultrasound so as soon as we can get those pictures scanned I'll be sure to update the blog with pictures of our little darling and details from the appointment. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment